Friday, March 20, 2015

What's Up Part 2- Serious Version

It's the first day of Spring, officially!  While this can be a very fun time of year, it can also be a difficult time for kids.  I don't know about you, but the kids at my school caught wind of Spring fever weeks ago.  We are at the time in the year when the 5th graders think they are already in middle school, the 4th graders think they are the new head of the school, and my sweet little 3rd graders are no longer little third graders.  With all this change, comes difficult behavior.

I came across this story on the news and thought it was such an amazing one, that I wanted to make sure I shared it.  Bullying is something I take very seriously in my classroom and the school.  Way to go boys!!

Capture from Facebook
*Click here for the video and full article.

Bullying doesn't just effect kids, it can effect everyone!  I recently read that Ashley Judd is pressing chargers against her cyber bullies for attacks against her on Twitter.  

One of my favorite organizations helping kids, teachers, administrators and schools all over the country deal with bullying is Rachel's Challenge.  Rachel Scott was a victim in the Columbine High School shootings in 1999.  Shortly before she died she wrote: 

 "I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion, then it will start a chain reaction of the same. People will never know how far a little kindness can go."

This non-profit organization is truly unique and one worth looking into!!




No comments:

Post a Comment