Sunday, July 12, 2015

Week 5 Reflection

How well do you feel you completed the requirements of the week’s assignments?
This week I completed all the assignments but I was a little late posting my Lankshear and Knobel chapter response.  I still received good comments from others so it all worked out!  I was better at my goal of tweeting people when I responded to their blog posts and I also remembered to check the ‘notify me’ box so I got an email when people replied to my posts or my comments.

What gave you trouble? What did you enjoy most? What did you learn?
I am struggling with Daily Creates and finding ones that interest me.  Maybe I am not creative enough or adventurous enough but nothing this week, except the first day’s pen a tweet, has interested me.  I also struggled with my mash up assignment, I had no idea how time consuming it would be!  First I completed the assignment using pictures and then realized it was supposed to be clips so I had to start over.  I wasn’t thrilled with my final result as I mentioned in my blog, but it was the best I could do!  The last thing that gave me trouble was my darn computer.  My personal computer has yet to work properly since the mysterious downloads a few weeks ago so I have been using my school computer.  It has been fine except when I go to watch people’s story critiques or look for ones of my own (here is the mashup I critiqued this week), and I can’t watch it because my computer is stuck in ‘safety mode’.  It has been very frustrating!

I enjoyed watching and reading people’s critiques this week (I watched them on my phone or iPad), they made me laugh and opened my eyes to some things I never knew existed, like Trailer Cuts.  I am not sure I will spend a lot of time looking at them in the future, but it was cool to see.  I have never been one to just sit on the computer and watch videos nor do I ever think I will be, but I have found myself watching more and more that I see ‘trending’ on Facebook or the Today Show.

What would you do differently? What questions to you have?
If I were to do my mashup assignment over, I would like to research other movie making programs so I can learn how to make the transitions between clips smoother.  Like I said before, I don’t have much to work with but it is worth looking in to.

I don’t really have any questions just general wonderings.  First, is there a way to check how I am doing in the course?  I know you don’t post grades but a quick note about my progress in the course would be nice or if there is something I need to be doing differently.  Second, I am struggling finding meaningful digital stories to critique, especially with these new remix literacy practices.  There are things I am finding that interest me, but I can’t figure out how to critique them given Lankshear and Knobel’s guidelines.  I know you said in your screen cast that you were changing the requirement to one critique so they could be more meaningful and deeper but how do I go deeper using these guidelines?  Anyone else having this trouble?

What are some of the larger issues surrounding your work?
Other than what I mentioned above, I don’t have many other issues.  I have figured out ways, thanks to some good advice, on how to relate the DS106 assignments to my focal theme and that is going better!

Score: 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment