Saturday, June 27, 2015

Week 3 Reflection

Week 3 Reflection

How well do you feel you completed the requirements of the week’s assignments?
This week was better for me than last.  I was able to check out more work from my classmates and respond to posts accordingly.  I had more time to mess around with Twitter, Tweet Deck, and Feedly, I even spent hours revamping my base camp.  I found digital stories that peaked my interest, one was older and one I saw live on The Today Show.

What gave you trouble? What did you enjoy most? What did you learn?
I found the digital story on blogging in the classroom first.  It was fairly old (all things considered) so I set out to find a more recent story on blogging in the classroom, but I struck out.  I thought it would be interesting to compare and contrast two stories on blogging, one from 5+ years ago and one from today.  I will keep looking and see if there is any current research on blogging. 

I really enjoyed critiquing the bullying story I watched live on the news.  Before this class, I would have just let that pass me by and not thought twice about the story.  But when I watch news or look at social media now, I am always looking for new stories to critique.

One thing I learned or thought about differently was the reasoning behind the dotcom crash and the switch from Web 1.0 to Web 2.0 in Lankshear and Knobel (as I blogged about here).  It was something I never really considered and was interesting to read about in the chapter.

What would you do differently? What questions to you have?
There is nothing I would do differently this week, I feel like I have the hang of things!  However, I still have questions from the reading, but I am not sure how to ask them or what exactly I don’t understand.  I feel like I get 50% of the reading and I am missing the other 50%.  I am hoping the more I read, the more it will all start to click, but until then I will keep pressing on.  I would love if the authors would add a quick summary at the end of each chapter with the key points.  I feel sometimes they are long winded about ideas/concepts so I have a hard time picking out the main ideas (sounds like my students!).

What are some of the larger issues surrounding your work?
I still don’t think I have dove in quite as deeply as I could.  I am having a hard time finding DS106 assignments and digital stories on my theme (I hope my video on Nokia phones counts) and that is frustrating, especially when you would think technology is a pretty important deal in 2015.  Maybe I am not looking in the right places, I will keep looking!

Grade: 10/10    

 


No comments:

Post a Comment