Sunday, June 14, 2015

Week One Summary

Week 1 Reflective Summary

Overall, I was a bit overwhelmed.  It was stated in the screencast that it’s OK to be frustrated and feel this way, so I am trusting this is normal and how others are feeling too.  I am going to answer the questions point by point so I don’t miss anything!

How well do you feel you completed the requirements of the week’s assignments?

I believe I completed all the requirements of this week well and as expected to do, although there was definitely some trial and error.  I appreciate how well laid out the syllabus is with details of everything so it is easy to follow.  By following the syllabus, I was able to get all assignments submitted on time.

What gave you trouble? What did you enjoy most? What did you learn?

A few things gave me trouble this week.  First of all, I found the DS106 site confusing at first and a lot of information thrown at me all at once.  I also find Twitter confusing (embarrassed to admit) because I couldn’t figure out where to find the daily create assignments and I had trouble deciphering between hash tags and handles (again embarrassing but I figured it out!)  I finally was able to set up a class list on Tweet Deck and found the blog roll on DS106 very helpful.  I like how it constantly updates with blog posts. 

With that being said, I enjoyed getting to understand Twitter better and Feedly, as well as DS106;  although I am sure there are a million more things to learn.  I also enjoyed the critiques because it was forced me to watch videos and read articles I might not have watched or read otherwise, and I came across a hilarious video (check out the real housewives of the PTO). 

What would you do differently? What questions to you have?

I don’t know that there are things I would do differently as this first week was very much just figuring everything out.  I think I have asked the questions I had on the course questions page as well as email.  For now, I think I am doing ok...

What are some of the larger issues surrounding your work?

While trying to find DS106 assignments and digital stories to critique, I was having trouble finding things on my focal theme: technology for elementary learning.  This is part of the reason I played it safe and stuck with Ted talks to critique because I couldn’t find much on my theme.  Now I am aware of the assignments each week, I can keep my eye out for stories on my topic. 

In case you missed any of my assignments, you can find them all here on my blog!

My score: 10/10


No comments:

Post a Comment